Like you, I drive to and from work in Northern Virginia so, this transportation issue is personal.
While there is still work to do, I do think I have been effective in delivering results over my 16 year term as your delegate. I have helped to bring more transportation funding to our area than any other place in the state of Virginia.
So far, I have helped build the following:
– New traffic light on Rolling Rd at Barnack Rd
– Reconstruction of the I-95/385/495 Springfield Interchange
– Construction of the Fairfax County Parkway
– Widening Route 1, Lorton Rd, Route 123, and Occoquan Bridge
– Completion of the Springfield Metro and expanded parking
– New traffic lights on Lorton Rd at Lewis Chapel and Lorton Station
– New traffic light on Pohick Rd at Lorton Station Rd
– Doubling the capacity of the VRE and contructing the Lorton VRE station
– Widening of North Rolling Rd (from Keene Mill to Braddock)
– Re-timed traffic lights on Lorton Rd at Gunston Cove/Auto Train
Already planned and funded projects include:
– Improvements to Silverbrook & Hooes Intersection
– Widening of Lorton from 123 to Silverbrook
– Completion of the Fairfax Co. Pkwy from Rolling Rd. to I-95 (underway)
– Widening I-95 from Newington to the Occoquan River (underway)
– New cars for VRE and METRO
– Widening the Beltway from Mixing Bowl to Tysons (underway)
– Dulles Rail (underway)
Certainly there is more work to do like getting a Washington By-Pass, creating a separate rail for the VRE, and helping lane widening on commuter roads to help overall congestion, but we are making progress. Don’t think I am satisfied with this. I just wanted you to know I am fighting for every transportation penny.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Yours for good government,
David B. Albo