Due to the relentless weather throughout the day, people are being advised to stay off the roads to avoid flash floods. If you must drive, please use caution. Already, a number of roads in the area have been closed/expect delays. These include, as of 8:15 pm:
- Beltway I-495 closed at Mixing Bowl; no traffic allowed east on I-495; traffic being rerouted.
- Beltway I-495 closed in both directions over Cameron Run due to high water. Traffic will be detoured.
- I-66 west bound by exit 57, to route 50, has been closed due to standing water
- In Springfield, there have been closures at:
- Guinea Rd/Braeburn Rd
- Byron Ave by St. Bernadettes
- Woodburn Rd/Spicewood
- Hooes/ Furnace Rd
- Burke/ Rolling Road
- Roberts Rd/Glenmere Rd
- Braddock Rd/Roberts Rd
- Olley Rd/Braeburn Rd
- Burke Lake Rd closed 7100 to 123
More up to date alerts can be found on the Fairfax County government website. Stay dry!