Every year, JLARC (Joint Legislative Audit and Review Commission) compares Virginia to other States in the Nation. I thought you all may be interested in how the Commonwealth stands in a various categories.
- Per Capita Personal Income – Ranked 8th with an average of $44,376 per year.
- Unemployment – Ranked 43rd with 6.9%!
- State and Local Revenues as Percentage of Personal Income – Ranked 49th with 13.7%
- State and Local Taxes as Percentage of Personal Income – Ranked 43rd with 9.2%
- Bond Ratings – Ranked 1st (tied with ten other States) with an AAA rating.
- Virginia has held this rating since 1938, longer than any other State in the Union!
- State and Local Per-Pupil Funding – Ranked 17th with $11,405
- Per Capita Road Expenditures – Ranked 38th with $430