Friends and neighbors,
I want you all to be aware of the upcoming VDOT construction in our area.
Beginning on or about Friday, August 8, VDOT is planning to close all left turns connecting the Franconia-Springfield Parkway (Route 289) and the I-95 North and South High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lanes for up to four weeks.
Vehicles should follow the signed detour and allow extra time while traveling in this area, as they could experience delays of up to five minutes during peak a.m. and p.m. rush hours.
These closures are necessary for crews to safely access the construction area and minimize delays. The work that will occur includes:
- Accessing the exiting median and removing the concrete barrier
- Adding new storm water drainage and conduit underneath the bridge
- Widening the ramps and adding new turn lanes
- Installing new gates, Express Lanes signage and a new traffic signal
- Placing new pavement and lane markings
Click here for more details and a detour map.