If you’ve driven on I-95 lately, you’ve likely seen construction crews working to convert the existing HOV system to an Express Lanes system.
The 95 Express Lanes – expected to open in December – are 29 miles of high occupancy toll (HOT) lanes spanning from Edsall Road in Fairfax County to Garrisonville Road in Stafford County. The lanes will bring many benefits to carpoolers, but will also mean changes to your current 95 travel. Here’s what carpoolers need to know:
- You’ll need an E-ZPass Flex: To travel toll-free on the 95 Express Lanes, you need three or more people in your vehicle and an E-ZPass Flex set to HOV mode
- E-ZPass Flex is available online and at the following locations:
- AAA Mid-Atlantic locations
- Select DMV, Giant and Wegmans locations in Northern Virginia
- E-ZPass Customer Service Centers
- By calling E-ZPass at 877-762-7824
- Already have an E-ZPass? You can swap it for an E-ZPass Flex. Just follow the instructions at www.ezpassva.com/EZPages/Get-Flex.aspx
Get ready to use the lanes today and visit 95ExpressLanes.com for more information.